Saturday, January 30, 2010

A tribute to Steve Ellett

Hi, my name is Dennis McHaney.  This is a tribute to my friend Robert Steven Ellett, 1949 - 2010. Steve was my other brother.  We have been friends since 1959.  We grew up together.

Steve had a unique sense of humor.  He loved life and was larger than life.  He never missed an opportunity to turn any situation into fun.  From our mid teens to our early twenties, we captured photographic treasures of our many adventures.  In memory of Steve, and to celebrate the joy of his life, I'm sharing some of our most stupid moments with anyone who cares to appreciate our sense of adventure and fun.

Steve's early nickname was Yud Yud.  I can't remember where this came from.  More on that later.

The photo below is Steve jumping out of an airplane, narrowly missing the propeller.  He forgot to put on his parachute, but it was only a 5,000 foot drop, and he landed on his head, so he was just fine.  He was mad at me for a week for daring him to jump.

I have started this blog to share memories and images of one of the most unique individuals I have ever had the honor of knowing. If you are tuned in, Yud Yud, say hello to Cookie and both Macs.  To Steve's loved ones, please send photos and memories to add to this loving tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment